IOSH Safety, Health & Environment for Construction Site Managers
|Booking Type||Course Price (ex VAT)||Max No of Delegates||Places Remaining|
Max Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: 4 Days - SEE BELOW
Day 1: November 30th
Day 2: December 1st
Day 3: December 2nd
Day 4: December 3rd
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Who Should Attend IOSH SH&E for Construction Site Managers?
Anyone who oversees or manages safety, health and environmental risks associated with construction activities.
Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
Aim of IOSH SH&E for Construction Site Managers
The aim of this course is to demonstrate how a focus on effective safety and health management will improve efficiency and the wellbeing of your staff.
Site Managers will learn how to manage every aspect of the site, but not with the aim of becoming specialist environmental or safety and health professionals themselves. Instead, they will be taught the techniques to ensure that all requirements are correctly implemented.
The aim of the course is for you to understand your role and the crucial information you need to do your job effectively.
Content of IOSH SH&E for Construction Site Managers
- Delegates will benefit from a clear overview of the specific safety, health and environmental requirements of managing a construction site, including:
- local law and enforcement
- preparing for work
- general management of the site, workers and contractors including for example:
- the importance of method statements
- the use of permits to work
- the importance of managing environmental aspects and impacts related to construction projects
- principles underpinning effective construction design and management
- the key issues and control of working at height including for example:
- plans and risk assessments
- roofs and fragile surfaces
- working platforms and ladders
- management, use and stability of scaffolds
- fall arrest and suspension equipment
- site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
Training Methods on IOSH SH&E for Construction Site Managers
Instruction provided by a safety and health representative registered with the Institute, support materials of varying media – to include IOSH documentation, interactive group activity and written assessment. The trainer will guide delegates through a range of real-world scenarios tailored to match their everyday experiences.
Additional Information for IOSH SH&E for Construction Site Managers
This flexible course is a 4 day course. A dedicated course can be run according to your work commitments. We offer Remote learning or Classroom-Based Courses that run over 4 days and may be run on concurrent days or 1 day a week.