Max Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: 1 Day
Length of Certification: 3 Year
Accreditation: Highfield / Certificated
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for delegates whose employment requires them to manage a medical situation until help arrives. Alternatively where an employer’s assessment of first aid identifies that a First Aider is not necessary, the minimum requirement is that they appoint a person to take charge of first aid facilities and emergency arrangements.
To provide delegates with the ability to undertake basic life support and emergency procedures in the event of an accident or injury to a work colleague until trained help arrives.
- Action to be taken at the scene of an accident
- Primary & Secondary surveys
- CPR resuscitation
- Heart attacks
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of an Emergency First Aider
- Maintain first aid equipment
- Record and report accidents and injuries in the workplace (RIDDOR)
- Perform basic first aid and life support in the absence of a First Aider
A high proportion of practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training. A good understanding of the English language will be required for the completion of theory and practical assessments.
Suggested follow up courses
- First Aid at Work (Initial)
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely