Max Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: ½ Day
Length of Certification: 3 Year
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at an individual who may come in to contact with with needles and sharps how to dispose of them safely to reduce the likelihood of an injury.
- To Understand basic safety factors
- Be able to state, or identify potential hazards
- Be able to state potential diseases
- To demonstrate understanding of how to avoid contact
- HASAWA 1974
- What Are Sharps?
- What is a Sharps injury?
- Potential diseases and symptoms
- What to do in the event of an injury
- Reporting of injuries Inc practical reporting exercise
- RIDDOR 2013
- How to avoid injury
- Needle Traps
- Correct Disposal
- Risk Assessment exercise
Classroom based tutorials. supplemented with practical exercises
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training. A good understanding of the English language will be required for the completion of theory and practical assessments.