Max Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: ½ Day
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Accreditation: Certificated / Highfield
Who should attend?
This programme is designed for any person who may be required to carry out any manual handling in the workplace or requires familiarisation with the associated regulations.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of how to minimise the risk of injury to themselves and others by increasing awareness of potential manual handling hazards in the workplace and their outcomes.
A high proportion of group participation including practical exercises in lifting techniques, supplemented with video and classroom-based tutorials.
- Health & Safety at work Act 1974
- Manual handling regulations
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations
- Accident statistics
- The functions of the spine and muscular system
- Typical injuries
- Hazard identification and assessment of:
- Correct handling techniques
- Practical exercises and tuition
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the legislation and manual handling regulations that relate to lifting in the workplace
- Appreciate the financial impact on industry caused by injuries from poor manual handling
- Identify and assess potential hazards and chose appropriate methods of risk control which includes the selection of any lifting equipment that may be required
- Carry out manual handling techniques.
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigors of training.