Max Number of Delegates: 6
Duration: ½ Day
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for any person who may be required to use an abrasive or diamond wheel in the workplace or requires familiarisation with the associated regulations.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels and to comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) in the safe mounting of abrasive wheels and discs on portable machinery. This course will also include a practical session in the safe use of cutting discs on Angle grinders and Cut Off saws
Classroom based tutorials and demonstrations. Workshop based practical exercise in the selection and mounting of abrasive and diamond wheels as well as the cutting of materials using abrasive or diamond wheels.
- Legal requirements and responsibilities.
- Nature of hazards and identification of causes.
- Safe work area
- Selection of correct machinery and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Method of marking, storing, handling and transporting.
- Storage, checking and use of discs.
- Machine checks.
- Safe use of cutting tools using wheel type 1, 27, 41 & 42
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigors of training. The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment. Additional training relating to this subject may be of benefit to delegates.