This course is aimed at people involved in the loading and transportation of construction plant and equipment. The day is split in two halves, theory first followed by hands on practical session.
Duration and Number of Delegates
Full day. Maximum number of delegates: 6
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for category "C" license holders. Delegates must be able to provide evidence of competence on the equipment being used prior to attending the course.
The aim of the course is to:
- Instruct drivers in the correct safety procedures for the loading, unloading and securing of plant machinery prior to or following transportation by road.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Be aware of the relevant health and safety legislation.
- Be aware of accident prevention and control measures.
- Be aware of the requirements regarding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Be able to safely load, unload and secure different types of machinery onto the body of a suitable vehicle ready for transportation legally on the public highway.
- Laws and standards including risk assessments.
- Vehicle types.
- Vehicle load – load compatibility with vehicle, inspections before loading.
- The loading process – loading the vehicle whilst adopting good practice & procedures.
- Securing the load and final checks before travel.
- Unloading procedure.
- Practical session – hands on session putting the previous points into practice.
There is no pass/fail element to this course.
Upon successful completion of this module delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and have seven hours Periodic CPC training uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing database if required.