This module is designed to look at how delegates achieve and maintain positive mental health and wellbeing including how it affects behaviour, and ability to fulfil role, responsibilities and management of emergency situations. Delegates will have increased knowledge, understanding and awareness of practical steps to prevent mental ill-health and strategies to manage work/home life balance.
Duration and Number of Delegates
Full Day (7 Hours). Maximum Number of Delegates 12
Who Should Attend
This Module is Suitable for Category ‘C’ and ‘D’ Licences Holders.
To ensure delegates have:
- An understanding as to what underpins positive mental health
- How it affects their role and responsibilities set out within Directive 2003/59/EC
- Tips to help improve wellbeing.
Upon completion of the module, delegates will:
- Have an awareness of mental health and the impact of stigma
- Knowledge of some common mental health problems
- Understand the relationship between mental health and physical health
- Understand how mental health ,wellbeing and lifestyle behaviours contribute to all aspects of their role and responsibilities
- Have knowledge and practical strategies as to how to improve wellbeing including managing the effects of fatigue/stress and work/rest cycle
- Have an awareness of how to access mental health support
- Mental health and stigma
- Mental health vs physical health
- Knowledge of risk and protective factors
- Wellbeing and lifestyle behaviours
- Accessing information, advice and support
- Reflection and self management
There is No Pass/Fail Element of this Course.
When completing this Module, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance and have Seven Hours Periodic CPC Training Uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing Database.