This module looks at how the law works in relation to your company and the transport industry.
Duration and Number of Delegates
Half day. Maximum number of delegates: 12
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for category "C" and “D” license holders.
The aim of the course is to:
- Help drivers get a better understanding of company procedures
- Ensure delegates have a sound understanding of the legislation that they must abide by whilst at work as a driver.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Go about their daily duties knowing how to stay within the law.
- Understand the importance of complying with company procedures imposed on them by their employer.
- Environment – Specific industry specialisations and company types.
- Management – Operator licensing.
- Rules – various transport related legislation.
- Acceptable Risks Including Documentation.
- Workload and You, the Driver.
- Administration and Travelling Abroad – Vehicle checks and clandestines.
There is no pass/fail element to this course.
When completing this module in conjunction with another half-day session, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and have seven hours Periodic CPC training uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing database.